More than a Snack
When you need something more substantial than a few carrot sticks to tide you over until dinner, consider a protein snack. The combination of protein, fat and fiber can help slow digestion and help you feel full so you can get through an afternoon slump.
- Lettuce leaves or rounds of cucumber topped with a spoonful of tuna or chicken salad
- A hard-cooked egg
- Cottage cheese spread on a Pepperidge Farm® 7-Grain Deli Flat and topped with sliced fresh fruit (like ripe peaches or strawberries) and a drizzle of honey
- Cantaloupe or honeydew melon wedges wrapped with thinly sliced lean ham
- Spears of cooked asparagus wrapped with thinly sliced deli turkey or roast beef
- Pace® Salsa or a bit of mustard spread on a slice of deli turkey and wrapped around a Pepperidge Farm® Snack Stick or piece of string cheese