Pack, Prep & Freeze
GAME PLAN: Pre-cook some ingredients first to give them time to cool (don’t put hot food in the freezer!).
11x8x2” pan- label Chicken & Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
11x8x2” pan- label Easy Chicken & Cheese Enchiladas
13x9x2” pan- label Beef Stroganoff
Freezer bag- label Beef Taco Skillet
Freezer bag- label Mini Meatloaves
- In saucepan, cook 1 lb. egg noodles according to package directions and drain. Place noodles into Beef Stroganoff pan. Cool completely.
- In same saucepan, heat 1 1/3 cups chicken stock and 2/3 cup quinoa to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 12 minutes or until tender. Leave in saucepan. Cool completely.
- Chop onion to make ½ cup.
- In skillet, cook 1 lb. ground chicken, 1 clove garlic, minced, and chopped onion until chicken is cooked through. Cool completely. Add to quinoa in saucepan.
- In skillet, cook 1 lb. ground beef until browned. Drain off any fat. Place into Beef Taco Skillet bag. Cool completely.
- In skillet, cook 1 lb. chicken in 1 tbsp. vegetable oil until cooked through. Remove to cutting board. Chop and place into mixing bowl. Cool completely (You can skip this step if using rotisserie chicken. Add 2 cups chopped rotisserie chicken to bowl, instead).
- Slice 1 lb. beef sirloin into thin strips. Chop onion to make ½ cup.
- In skillet, saute beef strips in 1 tbsp. vegetable oil until browned. Pour off fat. Add ½ cup chopped onion and cook until tender. Leave in skillet. Cool completely.
- Thaw and drain 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen spinach. Add to quinoa mixture in saucepan.