At V8, our mission for over 80 years has been simple: make it easy for everyone to get tasty veggies. Our original ‘red’ juices have two servings of vegetables in each full glass. We make 8 different varieties for all tastes, from our famous Original recipe to V8 Spicy Hot vegetable juice.
Our tomatoes are mainly grown in California by family farmers, many of which have grown tomatoes for V8 for generations. The ripe tomatoes are harvested and transported directly to our nearby plants to be washed, peeled, and pureed. Tomato juice is a key ingredient in our V8 100% Vegetable Juices.
Carrots, celery, beets, parsley, lettuce, watercress and spinach juice are blended to create our unique flavor. These vegetables are grown mostly in the U.S. and then driven to our processing facility in Napoleon, Ohio where they are washed, pureed, and concentrated.
• Salt: Table salt adds seasoning and flavor.
• Potassium chloride: Potassium chloride is used only in the Low Sodium varieties of V8 vegetable juice to provide salty flavor without adding sodium.
• Citric acid: We add citric acid to control the acidity of our products to ensure product safety. Our citric acid is derived from Non-GMO sources.
• Natural Flavors: Our natural flavors are primarily derived directly from fruits and vegetables. No animal products are used in the natural flavoring for V8 juices.
• Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C): Ascorbic acid is another name for vitamin C. It occurs naturally in many foods and we add it to replace the naturally-occurring vitamin C in tomatoes that may be lost during preparing and cooking the juice.
• Vitamin A (Beta Carotene): The Vitamin A in V8 Vegetable Juice products occurs both naturally, as well as through the addition of Beta Carotene. Your body converts beta carotene to Vitamin A.